Ranking all the stupid things Urban Meyer did in his freshman year in Jacksonville
I don’t know who ordered the hit on Urban Meyer, but the NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero went No Country for Old Coaches on the Jacksonville Jaguars boss on Saturday morning delivering a devastating indictment from his first and possibly last year (bad) leading the team. The article reads more like a lawsuit, using bullet points to list Meyer’s transgressions over the past two weeks alone, in addition to the usual “He’s 2-10 and lost his locker room” stuff you find in a story about a struggling coach.
Instead of doing the same thing Pelissero did and pointing out all of Meyer’s ‘idiotic asshole’ behaviors (his words, not mine) – a handy format to be sure – I’m going to take it one step further and rank them among the Most idiotic âassholesâ at least âidiotic asshole.â Think of the idiot of the month, but with the specific idiotic idiot.
They were to be branded revocable offenses, however, the loyalty of Jags owner Shad Khan appears to be a more fatal flaw than his far too prominent mustache, as he has already given bad coaches such as Gus Bradley long leashes. and Doug Marrone, and it looks like he wants to give another bad coach more time as well.
As you will read shortly, there are a number of things Meyer did that the Jags could use to fire him for cause / no pay, but apparently Khan is convinced that it takes time to build the culture because that This is what worked for him in the car bumper industry. I’m on the patience side too, but there is a limit, man, and testing those limits with a talent like Trevor Lawrence is incredibly irresponsible.
Okay, let’s head to Cleveland.
6. Recognize that the team favored the vaccinated players in the cups – Lots of coaches probably did it because getting the shot is cool, but Urban is the only one who laughed at himself. You cannot actively admit your bias towards certain staff members. Come on, this is NFL 101. All biases should be stated in pre-employment emails so they can be used to fire you at a later date.
5. Violate the rules of activity of the organized team – The NFL fined Meyer $ 100,000 and the Jaguars $ 200,000 for not knowing the OTA rules. It sounds pretty trivial and could have been an honest mistake made by a guy moving from college to the NFL, but I’m supposed to be joking about Meyer, so we’ll call it an intentional, nefarious overlord by a self-centered one. .
4. Alienating receptor group – There are more players angry with Meyer than the receivers, so Marvin Jones left the facility because he was done with the coach’s private and public criticism of the receiver’s body, the Team officials begging him to come back, coming back to him and arguing with Meyer during practice isn’t the only example, it’s just more acceptable than the next.
3. Whatever is going on with James Robinson – The running back was benched after fumbling around early in the loss to the Rams, which is okay until you find out that Meyer asked the running back coach to stop Robinson from returned to the game and stayed with former Buckeye Carlos Hyde until Lawrence faced the head coach over it. The rookie quarterback has had enough trouble on the pitch so you’d think it would be, I don’t know, beneficial that when he comes on the sidelines he could ask questions and receive coaching instead. to arbitrate conflicts.
2. Mismanagement / depreciation of the coaching staff – At a staff meeting, Meyer reportedly said he was a winner and his coaching staff were losers, challenging everyone to pull out theirâ¦ resume. In addition to this contest, he also lost a few guys to outside jobs, one for personal reasons and another because he was the racist strength coach of the Iowa football scandal and had to resign after the team was called in to hire it.
1. Being a “dumb asshole” – We all knew what # 1 was going to be. Going viral for smelling a woman who isn’t your wife in a steakhouse after your team blows up after a loss in the middle of a losing streak is more than acting like a “dumb asshole.” Â»Is what he called himself during his mea culpa speech to his team. I’m not going to act like he’s the first coach to go after his wife, but he’s the face of it. If this happened to another trainer – would you be surprised if there were images of Jon Gruden getting more than anything he can eat at a Vegas buffet – people will call it pulling an âurbanâ.
Good luck playing the long scam with that silly asshole, Mr. Khan.