The Houston Astros will host Uvalde Strong Day on Sunday at Minute Maid Park
Baseball will be played at Minute Maid Park on Sunday, August 14, but something bigger will happen that day.
The Houston Astros will host 10 busloads of Uvalde residents, along with thousands more from the southwest Texas city. In the final show of support for the grieving community, the Astros will host Uvalde Strong Day at Minute Maid Park.
Reported in a recent press release, Houston will have a ceremonial first pitch at a pre-game ceremony as part of the special day.
Scroll to continue
Throughout the game, fans can purchase Uvalde Strong T-shirts. There will also be a 50/50 draw with a chance to win $10,000. All remaining funds, plus all proceeds from t-shirt sales, will go to Uvalde Strong’s efforts.
All fans who purchase over $100 in 50/50 raffle tickets will receive a Uvalde Strong wristband.
The Astros are just one of many organizations that have lent a helping hand to the Uvalde community, and they aim to continue to help the healing process through the game of baseball.
More SIs inside the Astros:
- Report: Former Astros Pitcher Fiers’ contract terminated by CPBL club
- Houston Astros MLB Trade Delay Trade Rankings
- Jeremy Peña isn’t running for Rookie of the Year, and that’s a good thing
- The Houston Astros are ready to make another World Series
- Mancini Mania: Behind the latest streak in Houston Astros history
- Artist Brendan Murphy on his signature addition to Minute Maid Park
- Trey Mancini gives the Houston Astros a much deeper lineup
- Astros overtake New York Yankees as best American League team
- Astros’ Álvarez quit hitting and became baseball’s best hitter
- ‘Tracking Like Wheels Up’: A long journey home for Astros Prospect McKee
Be sure to follow Inside the Astros on Twitter @InsideAstrosSI!